Saturday, December 31, 2011

Today I started Dreaming


TODAY I STARTED DREAMING




I stared at myself in the mirror.  
I saw me.

Mom.
Sis.
Wife.
Stephanie

I am full of my
vision.

My Self watches
(a wholeness that is forever hangin' around.)

I had no way of picking up  "Getty Man" so I grabbed my iphone and clicked. 





Today I started dreaming. 
 I stared looking around me.
Today I saw the sky.
Today I saw the buildings.
Today I heard music.
Today I felt a simple pulse thumbing inside my chest.
A sound so quiet it held the universe as if it were a baby.
Such a quiet confidence




My 5 year old son asked me yesterday while playing a video game (sitting in his new "lion" chair Santa brought him) 
"when I turn 7 years old will I have a heard time with words too?"
I was taken back with the question and stopped and went up to him.
He was so beautiful.  He was so innocent. 
He was so sincere.  
"No", I said.  "Jack has always had a hard time, you have not.  Turning 7 won't change that."
I pushed his hair back and looked into his baby blue eyes and smiled.  


His brother, Jack


is autistic. 


  I am O.K. 
He is O.K. 
Our family is O.K.

It has taken time.
Many years with some tears.  
Tons of research and questions.
Deep breaths, laughter, acceptance, and mostly
LOVE.


Having a special needs child has broadened my scope of vision. 
 It has given me the chance to see the world in a perspective I would not have otherwise. 
A perspective of profound personal acceptance, for Jack, my Self and everyone I already LOVE and those I am meeting everyday in my life.
 I hold a new tolerance of understanding that I don't think would have come to had it not been for Jack and his "disability."

 I have always tried to have such acceptance, but today, after having Jack in my life for 7 years, loving him, working with him, enjoying his presence, celebrating each new year--year after year--it has coated my skin with new colors.

 I couldn't imagine living any other way.
 I see beauty in most everything I see.

Thanks Jack.


I live in two worlds all the time.

I live full.
I live to feel
complete.

Autism is a part of my life, like my arm is a part of my body.
My Children are a part of my life like the my heart beat is part of my existence.

I am whole.  For so many reasons.
I dream in order to find
answers.
Dreaming is the way I SEE.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
MAY YOU LIVE IT
THE BEAUTY OF PURE ACCEPTANCE
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment