Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Let it Snow




"I am always looking-
Hardly ever hard to find-
ART surrounds me everyday-
If only I'd OPEN my eyes...."
-stephanie anderson-



Finding the inspiration for this picture wasn't hard.  
Children are always a subject. 
 Keep your eyes watching and you are sure to find something interesting happening. 
 There is a joy in their actions that only sit in the skin of children.
  Magic 
is
 everywhere.

Today I found myself thinking of why I started doing all of this in the first place.  
I kept asking myself
Why Art? 
I could have done anything.
I went to college. 
I chose my focus.
But as I went along I soon learned
my "focus" chose me.






I didn't start drawing 
until 4 years ago 
when I was pregnant 
with my 
third
 child.  
I was big, hot and ready to bust when I picked up a drawing pencil and drew this. 
 I don't know what makes someone "able"to draw. 
 I thought I "couldn't".  I don't think I ever wanted to until then.  I can't stop now.  
I have to in order to find my center. 

The zen of drawing is a ZEN I will NOT live without.

  I breath deep, focus and find a place of comfort.  

With three children I find that I draw for three minutes or  three hours.  


 It doesn't matter. 


One stroke after another, it all adds up to a picture eventually.


  I find this comforting. 


 I know no matter how hectic it gets, I will "eventually" finish.  

And......stepping away I find that when I come back I have a fresh eye and see clearer.  


  I find that a break in  (any given project) is actually a helping hand.


  If I had any advice to give it would be.....
step away and breathe--
not only you, 
but
 it.


Breathing takes time and practice.  


I have spent well over 16 years practicing the technique 
and allowing my self to believe that it is worth the effort and worth the time.


Breath is the foundation to life and to any piece of "art". 


It's the building block to humanity. 


 Think about it, without it, there is nothing. 


Art has to be something alive. 

If it is not, how will it ever LIVE?


Shakespeare LIVES.
Marilyn Monroe LIVES.
Picasso LIVES.
Pollack Jackson LIVES.
I could go on and on.
(Their ART LIVES today.)


Everyday.


 ART is a human expression beyond the limits of any human being. 
 It is something that has been ALIVE since the dawn of our time.  
We 
NEED 
SELF - EXPRESSION.  


So to answer my question--WHY ART?
Because-
I HAVE TO.
I have to BREATHE
I have to Express my experience being human 
and what I see around me.
WHY ART?
Because I want to LIVE.  I want to BE and FEEL
 ALIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment